We are hiring for the following positions:
A permanent, full time position
We are excited to invite a trained Waldorf early childhood class teaching assistant to join us as our enrolment grows.
This is a unique opportunity to participate in a newly developed Waldorf school in an urban setting that uses English as the medium of instruction. We are a private school that opened our doors in September 2017 and have since grown to encompass two campuses in the Kennedy Town neighborhood. Our classes range from 2.5 to 11 years old in the current school year.
We are looking for someone who has familiarity and a loving interest in Waldorf early childhood education. This person will works closely with and is guided by the lead teacher of the class. The lead teacher supervises the class and the assistant acts as a support to the lead teacher. The assistant teacher is also responsible for deepening their understanding of Anthroposophy, child development, and Waldorf early childhood pedagogy to support their teaching.
- Caring for the children
- Preparing snack
- Assisting with set up and clean up
- Assisting with handwork/artistic projects
- Observing and communicating student behaviors to class teachers
- Participating in weekly after school faculty meetings
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- Schedule: 5 days/week (Monday to Friday) Hours range from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- A higher diploma or bachelor’s degree
- Completion of a recognized Waldorf early childhood education training
- Work experience at a Waldorf school or setting would be a plus but not necessary
Candidates should demonstrate:
- A joyful, warm, and nurturing disposition
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and teamwork
- A deep understanding of the importance of rhythm in child development
We offer a competitive salary and substantial tuition remission for qualified faculty children. We are also able to offer internal training and mentoring for new teachers. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on January 21, 2021
Permanent, full time positions
Starting August 2021
We are excited to invite a trained Waldorf class teacher to join us as our enrolment grows.
This is a unique opportunity to participate in a newly developed Waldorf school in an urban setting that uses English as the medium of instruction. We are a private school that opened our doors in September 2017 on the Hong Kong Island, the heart of a vibrant city where East meets West.
As of the current academic year (which began in August 2020), we offer the following classes: two kindergarten classes (mixed age from 3-6) and Grades 1 to 5 (for 6-11).
Our current team of class teachers are all experienced Waldorf educators who has come to us from all over the world; they are supported by an auxiliary team of subject teachers who are locally trained. The management is experienced in helping expatriates settle in and beyond. The education is a sorely needed antidote to the excessively modernized lifestyle of this cosmopolitan.
Our school has thrived in the past 3 years. We grew from 10 students to some 80 today, housed in two beautiful campuses in the middle of the city. You’ll find more of our latest news at our Facebook page at fb.me/iwshk.
We are looking for expression of interest from someone who has a love for children and community building, a passion for curriculum formation and innovation, a dedication to collaborative working and innovation, and a taste for foreign customs and culture.
We offer an internationally competitive salary with increments for teaching experience, health insurance, housing, and travel allowance, and tuition remission for qualified faculty children. We are also able to offer internal training and mentoring for new teachers. Interested applicants should be open to making a medium- to long-term commitment to the school.
- MUST HAVE a recognized undergraduate degree
- Certificate in Waldorf teaching
- Teaching experience at a Waldorf school for a minimum of 3 years
Applicants should demonstrate:
- Strong classroom management skills and a commitment to professionalism
- Ability to investigate local customs, culture, history, and other elements and incorporate them into a Waldorf curriculum
- Willingness to engage with parents and the community about Steiner Waldorf education
- Commitment to helping the school and fellow teachers grow and prosper
- Adaptability to living in a cosmopolitan setting
We offer a competitive salary with increments for teaching experience. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Last updated on January 18, 2021