Three 3-day workshops for adults and children, to refresh and renew over the holidays.
The pace of life in Hong Kong is incredibly fast, but the disruptions brought by Covid-19 has forced many of us to re-examine our lifestyle. As our travel options this holiday season is drastically curtailed, we invite you to spend your time differently, to explore more profound topics and ponder deeper questions that can rejuvenate our everyday life.
In parallel with the workshops for adults, we are also offering workshops for children aged 3 to 11 – a mindful, active way for the little ones to enjoy the holidays!
To start from December 14, 2020. May choose from: adults only, children only, or adults plus children together. Scroll down for details!
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Modern adults are used to being told information – what, how, where, when, why.
This time, we invite you to experience the reverse. Discover your answer to the big questions by participating in group experiences and discussions!
The workshops will unpack deeper and deeper understandings in Anthroposophy.
You are encouraged to join either or both of the first two blocks before joining the last one, but it is not a must.
Block 1 – To see the world in a grain of sand
Introduction to Anthroposophy as a Spiritual Science
- Introducing Anthroposophical key concepts that help us find the meaning of life
- Seeing the whole human being in our complex social, biological, planetary, and cosmic contexts
- An introduction to Goethean observation, a powerful tool of discovering the world around us
- An introduction to Rudolf Steiner’s cosmology
- A combination of talks and experiential movement, drama, speech, and social activities.
Block 2 – O man, know thyself!
Individual rhythms and their relationship to the cosmos
- An introduction to macrocosm and microcosm, the manifestations of rhythms in life.
- A survey of the 7 life processes and the 12 senses.
- The relationship between human beings and the stars – the new star wisdom.
- Talks accompanied by experiential movement, drama, speech, and social activities.
Block 3 – The human soul, in reverent gratitude, rise to the spirit of the world
A look at Biography from an Anthroposophical perspective
- We will be camping this week at Yi O Farm – a beautiful farm tucked away in southwest Lantau Island. Immersed in nature and quietude, we will together look at the question of one’s journey through life – biography.
- In the Quest of the Holy Grail – A symbol of the purified soul and body of a spiritual seeker, in a journey of self development.
- The role of life rhythms in biography.
Children's holiday camp
We aim at providing a balanced experience of doing, feeling and thinking in a way that stimulates (unplugged!) fun, creativity and a sense of well-being. Each day will be a joyful journey through imaginative play, circle games, songs and stories.
For children with parents participating in the Adult Workshops, they will enjoy having fun with friends while being in close proximity to their loved ones!
Children aged 3 to 7 will enjoy a harmonious environment where rhythm and structure encourage opportunities for play and artistic activities. Older children from 8 to 11 will be given more freedom to choose their own activities at school.
In Block 3, from December 28 to 30, we will join the adults in camping at Yi O Farm, a beautiful farm tucked away in southwest Lantau Island. Children will enjoy rollicking in hay, planting seedlings, harvesting ripe produce, and cooking with the freshest ingredients!
Children below 9 years old should be accompanied by an adult.
Originally from Metković, Croatia, Zoran Zovko has spent years working on Camphill communities and Waldorf schools in a career that spanned the UK, Germany, and Taiwan. He is an accredited curative eurythmy therapist and is deeply experienced in working with families with children with special needs. He has also specialized in using eurythmy and drama in pedagogy with children as well as community building with adults.
Besides teaching at our school, Zoran also offers therapeutic eurythmy sessions to adults and children alike.