Philip began his career as a trained eurythmist and went on to become a Waldorf class teacher. He is now running our Teacher Training program in addition to being a Class Teacher.
Philip completed a 4-year Eurythmy Diploma in London in 1979. After a short spell teaching children, his interests in the performing arts took over. For 26 years he worked at various times as eurythmist, actor, storyteller, dancer, puppeteer and director touring all over Europe and the US. After co-founding and teaching at the Academy of Living Movement in Vienna in 2003, he rediscovered his love of teaching children and took a class of children from grade 1 through 8 at the oldest Steiner school in the UK. He moved to Hong Kong and joined our school in September 2018.
- Diploma in Eurythmy, ’75 – ’79
- Eurythmy, religion, and pottery teacher at a Waldorf school, ’79 – ’83
- Working in performing arts – eurythmy, dance, acting, puppetry, directing, ’83 – ’03
- Master of Arts in Advanced Theatre Practice, UK, ’00 – ’01
- Eurythmy and Theatre teacher at the Academy for Living Movement, Vienna, ’03 – ’08
- Eurythmy and then class teacher (grades 1 through 8) at the oldest Waldorf school in the UK, ’08 – ’17
- Director of part time teacher training courses in Beijing, Guangzhou, and Qingdao, ’12 – ’18
- With IWS since ’18