How can Waldorf education support your 21st century child?
A monthly lectures series exploring what education does for our 21st century children, and how holistic education integrates the whole constitution of the child.
The lectures will cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Child development from the Waldorf perspective, ages 6 to 10 and 11 and up
- Main lessons and excellence
- Temperaments and differentiation
- Language skills in Waldorf education
- Mathematics in Waldorf education
- Foundations of science in Waldorf education
- Why so much art?
- What do we mean by “age appropriate” and “holistic”?
Originally from Chicago, USA, Martin Schmandt worked as a class teacher in two Waldorf schools in the USA and UK for over 20 years. In the recent decade, he has also started mentoring Waldorf teachers in various countries. In addition to teaching, he is passionate and experienced about working with teachers and adults in art.
He joined IWS in 2022 as Education Coordinator, a role in which he supports and coordinates the development of pedagogical excellence throughout the entire school.