Island Waldorf School’s Summer Programs are founded on the principles of Waldorf education. We aim at providing a balanced experience of doing, feeling and thinking in a way that stimulates (unplugged!) fun, creativity and a sense of well-being. Our thoughtful mix of indoor and outdoor activities will create a gentle rhythm that nourishes the child’s developing coordination, cooperation and creativity.
Our summer program this year spans from Jul 10 to Aug 11, 2023, caters to children aged 3 to 6 year olds, and will be based at our Kennedy Town kindergarten campus.
Each day will be a joyful journey through imaginative play, circle games, songs and stories. There will be time for focused activity and free and creative play each day. We will spend lots of time outside in nature or on walks.
Children aged 3 to 6 will enjoy a harmonious environment where rhythm and structure encourage opportunities for play and artistic activities, including songs, games, water play, storytelling, puppet shows, crafts, woodwork, pottery, beewax modeling, watercolour painting, and more!
Every Friday we will head to Repulse Bay for a morning of rollicking in sand and sea water! Round-trip coach bus for the child and one adult caregiver (optional) is covered by the program fee.
Summer class will be led by experienced Waldorf teachers who speak English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Teacher to student ratio will remain below 1:10. Maximum capacity is 35.
Delicious vegetarian lunch will be provided daily at no additional charge. Students may also bring their own lunch.
|8:30 am||Welcome / Food preparation / Craft / Free play|
* On Fridays, we will head out to beach at 9 am and return to school by 12:30 pm. Timing may be subject to minor adjustments.
Healthy snacks = Healthy minds
Little people need lots of energy to grow. Every day our teachers would prepare fresh fruits and make yummy baked food with the children’s help right in the classroom.
The great outdoors, right here in Hong Kong!
Every Friday we will spend the whole morning at a beach, so that children can enjoy swimming in the cool waves and playing in the sand under a tree.
Summer doesn’t get much better than this!
Breathe in, breathe out
The steady rhythm of expansive activities and quiet attention is vital in helping children integrate their external and internal experiences. This value is reflected in the comforting routines in a day, in a week, and in seasons at Waldorf schools.
- 8:30 am to 12:15 or 1 pm: $4,200 per week
- Lunch (12:15 to 1 pm) is offered at no extra cost.
- Register in groups of 2 children or more: 10% off
- Register for 2 weeks or more: 10% off
- Register for 4 weeks or more: 20% off
- IWS & IWTT students: 20% off
- Offers may not be combined; the greatest discount rate would apply
Terms & conditions
- Cancellations before Jun 25, 2023: 50% refund†.
- Cancellation after Jul 7, 2023: No refunds available, all fees will be charged.
- In the event of a tropical cyclone/typhoon signal 3 or above, or a red or black rainstorm warning, all classes will be suspended. No make-up classes or refunds will be issued in such instances.
† Note: Refunds will be made after deducting a processing fee of 5% of original payment.